Mt. Manaslu, The eighth highest peak of the world which is elevated at the height of 8,163m (26,781 ft) above the sea level is located in the ridges of Mansiri Himal in Gorkha District of Nepal. Regarded as the “mountain of spirit”, Mt. Manaslu is identified as Mt. Kutung in Tibet. This peak lies about 64km east of Mount Annapurna. Two mountaineers Toshio Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu ascended to the top on 9th May, 1956. Although there were several expedition to Manaslu earlier but expedition to Manaslu was legally unlocked only in 1991. Since, inaugural expedition by H.W Tilman, Mt Manaslu has been popular among tough trekkers and this region is still constrained to limited clusters and only well-structured trekkers in group can trek here. Manaslu region is very isolated resulting in challenging rescuing.
The ascending is technical than that of other peaks like Cho Oyu and Shisha Pangma. Base camp of Manaslu lies at a height of 4700m. Long crests of mountain offer possibility to be scaled from every direction to conclude to the top that is sharply above its neighboring scenes. Among six routes, route starting from south is hard hitting while the northeast face route being the most common.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu, free day, hotel
Day 03: Kathmandu - Official formalities, hotel
Day 04: Bus: Ktm- Arughat
Day 05: Trek to Soti Khola
Day 06: Trek to Machha Khola
Day 07: Trek to Nero (Yaru Khola/ Jagat)
Day 08: Trek to Philim
Day 09: Trek to Umbale
Day 10: Trek to Namru
Day 11: Trek to Sama Gaon
Day 12: Trek to Manaslu Base Camp
Day 13: Manaslu Base Camp - pooja ceremony - Preparation
Day 14-45: Climbing period of Manaslu
Day 46: Widraw Manaslu Base camp
Day 47: Base Camp to Samagon
Day 48: Trek to Larkey Pass
Day 49: Trek to Bimdakhati
Day 50: Trek to Tilje
Day 51: Trek to Tal
Day 52: Trek to Syanje
Day 53: Drive to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 54: Kathmandu free day, hotel
Day 55: Final Departure, transfer to Airport
Day 56: Arrival in Home Country
- Arrival and Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 nights hotel (3 Star Category) in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Plan- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Manaslu, Restricted area Permit, TIMS Card, Conservation area entry permits and fee.
- Liaison Officer:1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
- Garbage Management:Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- Insurance:Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and expedition.
- Map:Trekking and climbing map.
- Member transportation:
-Land Transportation: Kathmandu – Besisahar - Dharapani and while returning Arughat - Kathmandu (by Jeep, as per itinerary)
- Expedition Stuffs Transportation:Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu to Arughat (by jeep) – Arughat to Sama Gaun (by Heli) and to Base camp (by Porters) – While returning: Base camp to Sama Gaun (by porters) – Sama Gaun to Arughat (by Heli) and Arughat to Kathmandu (by Jeep)
- Member Luggage:Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- Food & Lodging: 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs.
- Porter:Porter per member up to Base camp from Dharapani & Porters on returning from Base camp to Dharapani.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff Salary and allowance:All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Heater:Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
- Solar/Generator/Light:1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Internet: Reliable & high speed Internet access Wi-Fi on payable basis to all climbers on our expedition at basecamp.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Certificate: Manalsu climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Manaslu successfully)
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu : Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve all kinds of beverages for members in base camp).
- Personal Equipment: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
- Toiletries: Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- Internet Service: Not included during the trek and the expedition.
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1200 USD.
- Tips: Tips for Basecamp staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Our Company’s Service will be "Zero" above Base Camp (If company offers just Base Camp services).
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” Section.