Cholatse Peak climbing known as Jobo Lhaptshan, is one of the difficult trekking peaks lies in the Everest region, has opened for climbing under mountaineering association of Nepal, declared in group A category climbing peak. Main attraction of Cholatse peak is panoramic views of Himalayan peaks like Everest (8850), Nuptse (7879m), Lhotse (9501m), Lhotse Shar (8383m), Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7720m), and Ama Dablam (6856m) Thamserku, Cho-oyu etc.
Cholatse peak is situated at Mahalangur Himalayan range in Everest region at Solukhumbu District, Nepal. Comparatively Cholatse Peak is very hard to climb than other peaks in Nepal. Mt Cholatse is the technically difficult as we need to be careful ascent. We recommended cholatse peak for those climbers who are experience in ice and rock climbing. Only few climbers get success in cholatse peak climbing. Climbers need a vast mountaineering ability to climb Cholatse peak. Cholatse peak is connected to Taboche (6,501m) on a long ridge.
Cholatse peak climbing itinerary has designed carefully to allow for gradual ascend and proper acclimatization by our climbing expert. Best season for Cholatse peak climbing is March to May and September to November. If given Cholatse peak climbing itinerary is not suitable for you, we design another itinerary as per your desire and duration of holidays. We make Cholatse peak climbing itinerary short and long according to your demand. Cholatse Peak climbing can be arranged any time in season as per your requirement. We GTEPL arrange all necessary infrastructures to assist you in your Mt. Cholatse peak climbing attempt.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1350 m)
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m.) and Trek to Phakding village: 35 Min fly: 3:30 Hrs trek
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.), 5 Hrs
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) for acclimatization then to Khumjung (3780 m)
Day 06: Khumjung to Dole (4040m) , 5hrs
Day 07: Dole to Machermo (4410m), 5: 30 hrs
Day 08: Machermo to Gokyo Lake (4750m), 4 hrs
Day 09: Gokyo Lake to Gokyo Ri (5,333m.) and back to Gokyo Lake
Day 10: Gokyo village to Thagnak (4661m), 4 hrs
Day 11: Tagnag to Dzongla (4830m) via Cho La Pass (5330m), 6 hrs
Day 12: Dzongla to Cholatse Base Camp (4930m). 3 hrs
Day 13 - 16 : Cholatse Climbing / Expedition period
Day 17: Pheriche to Phortse (3750m.), 6 hrs
Day 18: Phortse (3750m.) to Khumjung (3790m.), 7 hrs
Day 19: Khumjung to Monjo village (2835m.), 5:30 hrs
Day 20: Trek from Monjo to Lukla Bazzar (2886 m.): 6 hrs
Day 21: Thirty five minutes flight to Kathmandu from Lukla early in the morning.
Day 22: Final departrure to the international airport.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from KTM international airport with other necessary transportation as per itinerary.
- Assistance at KTM international airport by Satori Adventures representatives during your arrival and departure.
- 4 night request category hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B&B basis.
- Experienced and government licensed trekking and climbing Sherpa guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Appropriate number of porters during the trekking period.
- Land transportation from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Marpha-Pokhara-Kathmandu for all climbing members, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff in mini bus and public jeep.
- All Satori Adventures facilities including: Kitchen tent, storage tent, dining tent, client tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs and cooking utensils for base camp.
- Common climbing equipment such as: Rope, ice bars, ice screws, and snow bar.
- 3 meals a day: Breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee.
- Accommodation at hotel/lodge/guest house or tent camps during the trekking period.
- All camping accommodation for members and staff during trekking and climbing period. You will be sharing sleeping quarters with one other member.
- All food and fuel for base camp and higher camps during the climbing period.
- 40kg baggage allowance per person during the trekking period. This will be carried by porters/mules.
- Daily weather report services from Seattle, Washington based company.
- Services of chef and kitchen assistant at advance base camp.
- Trekking Permit (Annapurna Conservation Park entry fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition Royalty and permit from Nepal government to climb Mt. Tukuche peak.
- Nepalese government royalty.
- One experienced, trained, government licensed and 2 time summiteers climbing guide (Sherpa) per person.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurances for all involved staff during the trekking and climbing period.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for all involved expedition staff.
- Medical consultation services at the base camp with the HRA clinic at base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen assistant and government liaison officer.
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff.
- Satellite phone carried by guide for communication. Available to clients with the cost of $3USD per minute.
- Appropriate high altitude food for all clients and staff at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for the dining tent.
- Emergency oxygen mask and regulator provided upon request of client with requirement appropriate charge.
- Each client will have an individual tent available in the Tukuche peak advanced base camp.
- Solar panels for light and electronics charging.
- All tents for camp I, II and III. Ice fall charges.
- Gamow Bags (Portable hyperbaric chambers) for high altitude sickness.
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing and insurance.
- Free assistance service for cargo clearance and duties.
- EPI cooking gas and stove will be provided above base camp for cooking food.
- Generator will be providing to back-up the lighting in base camp.
- Transportation of food supply from Kathmandu to base camp by porter/mules.
- Our service charge and government taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information.
- Flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services.
- Farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Satori Adventures t-shirt and scarf.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner).
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones and internet.
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking gear.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations, etc.
- Transportation services includes only what is listed on the itinerary. Any extra distance traveled will be appropriately charged.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Medical insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if you have a special camera).
- Personal climbing gear.
- Summit bonus $700.00USD minimum for each climbing Sherpa guide.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition equipment.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa is easy to acquire upon arrival).
- Any extra services, products, offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” section.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.